Morning News Nuggets
1. Meghalaya: EKH DC orders inquiry into allegations of plastic rice sold in Shillong
The Deputy Commissioner of East Khasi Hills, Isawanda Laloo informed that an inquiry will be conducted on the allegations of plastic rice sold in the market in Shillong.
2. Sikkim archer Tarundeep Rai to represent India at Tokyo Olympics
37-year old archer from Sikkim, Tarundeep Rai, is all set to represent India at the Tokyo Olympics this year.
3. Notorious Upper Assam drug trafficker arrested in Dibrugarh
Dibrugarh police arrested a notorious drug trafficker from his residence.
4. Meghalaya govt agrees to extend financial assistance to ASHA workers, urges them to resume work
Meghalaya Health Minister A.L. Hek, informed that the government has agreed to extend financial assistance to the ASHA workers, and requested them to resume their work at the earliest.
5. Flybig widens operation in Northeast India, connects 3 states in 50 days
Air connectivity in the Northeast has given swifter options to travel interstate and Flybig has successfully established this in three states in 50 days.
6. Meghalaya | 'Iconic' stretch at Upper Shillong will not be impacted by highway project: Forest Minister
Meghalaya Forest and Environment Minister James PK Sangma allayed the concerns of Shillongites regarding the felling of trees along the NH-40 from Upper Shillong to Baniun and clarified that the 'iconic' stretch will not be impacted during the execution of the proposed highway project.
7. Assam: Timber smuggling racket busted in Dibrugarh
The forest department seized three rafts with illegal logs floating on the Brahmaputra river near Hotel Little palace in Dibrugarh.
8. NE LPG transporters launch indefinite protest over IOCL tender rate
The North East Packed LPG Transporter Association (NEPLTA), the members of which transport cylinders from bottling plants to dealers, have launched an indefinite ‘non-cooperation’ protest from Wednesday against the fresh tender floated by Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), with a rate lower than the existing one.
9. Meghalaya: MeECL commissions new power transformers at Khliehriat
The Meghalaya Energy Corporation Limited (MeECL) has commissioned two 25 MVA capacity Power transformers at Khliehriat Grid Substation, which will ensure power stability in the Jaintia Hills region.
10. Meghalaya: Retrieved miner's body yet to be identified and claimed
Meghalaya Police informed that the body of a trapped miner that was retrieved from a coal mine at Sutnga in East Jaintia Hills on June 16 is still kept at the hospital morgue of Khliehriat CHC as no one has come forward to identify the body.
TNT-The Northeast Today is now on WhatsApp. CLICK HERE to receive more updates on your phone.