Evening News Nuggets
1. Seven candidates from Sainik School Manipur clear NDA exam
Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh, on Friday, announced that Seven NCC cadets from Sainik School, Imphal, have cleared the Services Selection Board (SSB) interview for National Defence Academy (NDA).
2. TIPRA welcomes new member, reiterates demand for 'Greater Tipraland
Tipraha Indigenous Progressive Regional Alliance (TIPRA) Chairman Pradyot Kishore Deb Barman, on Thursday, welcomed MLA from Simna Constituency Brishaketu Debbarma into the party's fold, following his resignation from the Indigenous People’s Front of Tripura (IPFT).
3. Two persons dead, several others injured in Arunachal road mishap
In a tragic accident, two persons died and several others have been critically injured, after the passenger bus, they were travelling in, drifted off the road falling 200 metres below the road into a paddy field in the Leparada district of Arunachal Pradesh.
4. Alleged ICDS scam in Meghalaya: NGO urges govt to conduct checks on rice mill factories
The Khasi Students’ Union (KSU), Consumers & Farmers Protection Cell, on Friday, requested the Meghalaya government to conduct checks on rice mill factories, following allegations of distribution of sub-standard rice to beneficiaries under the Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) programme.
5. Assam Cong slams CM’s remark on MLAs as ‘intolerant and fascist’
The Assam Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) has taken offence to recent remarks of Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma “disregarding MLAs and their functions, terming his conduct as “autocratic, intolerant and fascist, which is in the DNA of a party like BJP”.
6. Assam and Mizoram Chief secretaries along with DGPs meet with Union Home Secretary over border dispute
Following fresh tensions on Tuesday, Chief Secretaries of the northeastern states of Assam and Mizoram are having bilateral talks over the inter-state border at Aitlang hnar area in Kolasib district, which is bordered with Hailakandi district in Assam.