Morning News Nuggets
1. Assam: Five houses gutted in fire, properties worth lakhs destroyed in Dibrugarh
As many as five houses were gutted in a massive fire at the Naliapool area of Dibrugarh.
2. Meghalaya govt join hands with faith leaders to combat misinformation on COVID vaccine
The state government and the medical fraternity held a meeting with various faith leaders seeking their cooperation to combat fear of misinformation propagated against vaccination for COVID-19.
3. Assam: Police nab second ULFA-I member involved in ONGC employees abduction
Sadiya police arrested another accused in connection with the abduction of three ONGC employees, who were abducted from the ONGC's Lakwa site under Sivasagar district on April 21.
4. Meghalaya: Environment Minister James Sangma empowers traditional heads of 18 villages to fight climate change
Forests & Environment Minister James K. Sangma kicked off a people-centric governance initiative, where he consulted headmen and village elders of 18 villages at Mawlyndep, with the aim of identifying environmental concerns emanating from climate change, and seeking possible solutions using traditional knowledge and community learning.
5. Assam: Over 10,000 litres of illicit liquor destroyed in Dibrugarh
In continuation of their crackdown against illicit liquor consumption and sale, Dibrugarh police destroyed over 10,000 litres of illicit liquor in different areas of the district.
6. IIT-G researchers conduct extensive study on Assam’s eri, muga silk sector
Researchers from the Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati have conducted an extensive study on eri and muga silk in Assam.
7. Meghalaya: Demand for upgrading Sohra Civil sub-division gathers momentum
The Sohra District Demand Forum (Executive Committee) has maintained that it will continue to pursue its demand for upgrading Sohra Civil sub-division to Sohra District.
8. Assam: Three arrested for supplying contraband items in Doomdooma
Doomdooma Police arrested three drug traffickers from Doomdooma town, and recovered 690 grams of Brown Sugar from their possession.
TNT-The Northeast Today is now on WhatsApp: CLICK HERE to receive more updates on your phone.