Morning News Nuggets
1. 24-yr-old Abraham Sorang from Arunachal Pradesh conquers Mt Everest
Abraham Tagit Sorang became the talk of the town after becoming the ‘youngest mountaineer’ from Arunachal Pradesh to scale Mt Everest.
2. Meghalaya: Farmers struggle to adjust to new arrangements
Although a series of arrangements were made by the state government to enable farmers to sell their produce, business was not profitable as farmers and traders of Meghalaya are still trying to adjust to the new system in place.
3. Assam: Five arrested in connection with Tinsukia mob lynching case
Tinsukia police arrested five persons in connection with the recent mob lynching case in which a 34-year old man named Sarat Moran had died.
4. IMA calls for protest against assault of doctors on June 15 & 18
The Indian Medical Association (Meghalaya Chapter) on June 13 has called upon all doctors to wear black badges on June 15 and 18 as a mark of protest against the repeated assault on health workers across the country.
5. State to get 11 ambulances with life support from DoNER, says Meghalaya CM
Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma said that the state will get 11 ambulances with life support from the Ministry of Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER).
6. Assam Health Minister inaugurates new paediatric ICU beds in Diphu Medical College & Hospital
Assam Health Minister Keshab Mahanta on Monday visited the Diphu Medical College & Hospital (DMC&H).
7. Meghalaya CM refutes allegations of scam in NFSA rice supply
Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma, refuted the allegations of corruption in the supply and distribution of foodgrains under the National Food Security Act (NFSA) stating that it was a “big mistake or misunderstanding”.
8. Assam: Urban Development Minister inspects ADB project in Dibrugarh
Minister for Urban Development and Irrigation Ashok Singhal inspected the ongoing Solid Waste Management site funded by Asian Development Bank (ADB) in Dibrugarh.
TNT-The Northeast Today is now on WhatsApp. CLICK HERE to receive more updates on your phone.