Morning News Nuggets
1. After missing vaccine dates, Assam man writes to state govt seeking scientific explanation
A resident of Assam’s Silchar, Manobendra Chakraborty wrote a letter to the Cachar Deputy Commissioner Keerthi Jalli seeking explanation after missing his vaccination date for the second dose of Covaxin.
2. Meghalaya: MHRC issues notice to CS over death of pregnant woman in Dangar PHC
The Meghalaya Human Rights Commission (MHRC) has issued a notice to the Chief Secretary to conduct an enquiry into the death of a pregnant woman in Dangar PHC and to submit the report within four weeks from receipt of the notice.
3. Meghalaya govt to improve infrastructure of 200 schools in the state
After a report from the centre ranked the state very low in terms of school education, Meghalaya Education Minister Lahkmen Rymbui has said that the infrastructure of 200 schools in the state will be upgraded this year with a budgetary allocation of Rs 100 crore.
4. First wave of flood affects over 36,000 people in Assam
The first wave of floods in Assam has affected a population of over 36,000 across four districts of the state, the Assam State Disaster Management Authority reported.
5. Meghalaya govt to provide 100 per cent budgetary support to MeECL, scraps DF proposal
The Meghalaya government has decided to provide 100 per cent budgetary support for the repayment of the Atmanirbhar loan taken by the Meghalaya Energy Corporation Limited (MeECL).
6. Assam Police to have 10 NSG-like commando battalions: Himanta
Assam Police will be strengthened by as many as 10 special commando battalions in the coming days, Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma announced after chairing a daylong Assam Police superintendents of police conference at Kaziranga.
7. Ri-Bhoi district administration charts multi-pronged strategy to counter COVID
In view of the surging cases and deaths because of COVID-19 and considering the possibility of a third wave that may hit children, the Ri-Bhoi district administration is charting a multi-pronged strategy to contain the spread of the virus.
8. Meghalaya: Ri Bhoi Congress sends memorandum to CM; seeks support to weaker sections
Members of the Ri Bhoi District Congress Committee held an urgent meeting to address several issues and a memorandum was also sent to the Meghalaya Chief Minister seeking his intervention in providing support to the weaker sections of the society.
TNT-The Northeast Today is now on WhatsApp. CLICK HERE to receive more updates on your phone.