Morning News Nuggets
1. Assam: Ulfa (I) ready to release kidnapped ONGC employee Ritul Saikia
Ulfa (I) chief Paresh Baruah have announced to release kidnapped ONGC employee Ritul Saikia from their custody, hours after Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma appealed to the Ulfa chief for Ritul’s release.
2. Umling entry and exit points are secure and cannot be by-passed, says Meghalaya Deputy CM
Deputy Chief Minister Prestone Tynsong asserted that no one can by-pass the Umling entry and exit points even though various social groups have claimed to have apprehended groups of outsiders entering the state.
3. Meghalaya Deputy CM gives people advice on coping with lockdown and excessive consumerism
Deputy Chief Minister Prestone Tynsong has given people advice on coping with the lockdown and excessive consumerism – eat vegetables with rice instead of meat with rice.
4. Meghalaya: Total curfew in Tura from May 21 to June 1
In view of the increasing cases of COVID-19, the Tura district administration has decided to impose total curfew from 2 pm (May 21) up to 5 am of June 1, informed Deputy Commissioner, Ram Singh.
5. Assam: One killed by unidentified gunmen in Karbi Anglong
In yet another fresh incident of killing, one Sanjay Ronghang of Daujingphang was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in Karbi Anglong on May 19.
6. Assam CM appeals ULFA (I) to release abducted ONGC employee
Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma urged the ULFA (I) Commander-in-Chief Paresh Baruah to release kidnapped ONGC employee Ritul Saikia from their captivity.
TNT-The Northeast Today is now on WhatsApp. CLICK HERE to receive more updates on your phone.