Mid-day News Nuggets
1. Bharat Biotech begins trials for third booster dose of Covaxin at AIIMS
The clinical trials of the third dose of indigenous COVID-19 vaccine, Covaxin, as a booster dose, six months after administering the second dose, has begun today at All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS), Delhi.
2. CISF DG Subodh Kumar Jaiswal appointed as CBI chief
Senior IPS officer Subodh Kumar Jaiswal was on Tuesday appointed as the new chief of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for a term of two years.
3. Centre releases 1,605 crore to 8 North Eastern States under Jal Jeevan Mission
The government of India released a grant of Rs. 1,605 crore to eight northeastern states under Jal Jeevan Mission to provide tap water supply to rural homes in the current financial year, said Ministry of Jal Shakti.
4. Second COVID wave martyred 513 doctors, says IMA
More than 513 doctors have succumbed to COVID-19 during the second wave in the county, the Indian Medical Association (IMA)
5. Assam boxer Shiva Thapa secures 5th successive medal in Asian Boxing championships
Seasoned Indian boxer Shiva Thapa (64kg) has secured his fifth successive medal at the Asian Boxing Championships by advancing to the semifinals after out-punching Kuwait’s Nader Odah in the last-eight stage.
6. Assam: Newly elected BPF MLA dies of post-COVID-19 complications
Recently elected Bodoland People’s Front (BPF) MLA from Assam’s Gossaigaon constituency, Majendra Narzary died of post-COVID-19 complications at the Gauhati Medical College Hospital.
7. Gauhati HC seeks govt response on COVID-related issues in tea gardens
Gauhati High Court has sought written response from the Assam government to a PIL (public interest litigation) on issues relating to the present situation in the tea gardens of the state amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
8. Meghalaya: GHADC members write to CEM for salary disbursal
The MDCs of the Garo Hills Autonomous District Council (GHADC) have written to the Chief Executive Member (CEM) of the council Benedic R. Marak to address issues related to the salaries of the employees including tied grants etc.
TNT-The Northeast Today is now on WhatsApp. CLICK HERE to receive more updates on your phone.