Evening News Nuggets
1. Assam police arrests mother-son duo in alleged illegal kidney trade racket
Assam Police arrested three persons, including a mother-son duo in connection to an alleged illegal kidney trade racket in Morigaon district.
2. North East Bishops condemn Church demolition in Delhi
The Catholic Bishops in North East India, on Tuesday, have condemned the church demolition in Chattarpur by the South Delhi district administration on Monday, July 12.
3. NEET (UG) 2021 to be held on September 12 across 198 centres
The Ministry of Education has announced that the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) (UG) 2021 will be held on September 12, 2021, and the application process will begin from 5 pm on Tuesday (July 13) through the National Testing Agency (NTA) website.
4. PM Modi stresses on improving infra in NE to combat COVID
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday held a virtual interaction with the Chief Ministers of all the northeastern states to review the COVID-19 status in the region.
5. Akhil addresses Assembly, appeals to make Sivasagar a heritage site
Newly-elected Sibsagar MLA Akhil Gogoi on Tuesday appealed to the Assam government to declare Sivasagar town as a state heritage site.
6. Union Minister assures central assistance for welfare of tribals in Tripura
Union Minister for Tribal Affairs, Arjun Munda, has assured that Tripura will get all possible assistance from the centre for the welfare of the tribal population in the state.
7. Assam Cricket Association secretary in BCCI panel for players' compensation
Assam Cricket Association (ACA) secretary, Devajit Saikia, has been included in the seven-member Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) committee formed to look into the compensation of the domestic cricketers who had to suffer financially in view of the pandemic during the season of 2020-21.