Evening News Nuggets
1. India successfully test-fires new generation Agni P ballistic missile
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), on Monday, successfully flight-tested a new generation nuclear Capable Ballistic Missile named Agni P from Dr APJ Abdul Kalam island off the coast of Odisha.
2. Six medical colleges from India find place in world's top-100 medical institutes
Six medical colleges from India have found a place in the list of the World's 100 best medical colleges for the year 2021, in a ranking released by CEO World Magazine.
3. Nagaland govt eases lockdown relaxations under 'Unlock 1'
The Nagaland government on Monday announced more relaxations on economic activities across the state for the period between July 1 to July 10.
4. Assam recovers Rs 11.65 cr during drive to curb power thefts
The Assam power department has, during the course of its drive against power thefts in the state, recovered Rs 11.65 crore in as many as 124 cases of such thefts reported over the past few days, state power minister Bimal Borah disclosed here on Monday.
5. Assam: COVID second wave proves dangerous for children in Dibrugarh
COVID-19 has proved dangerous for children below the age of 18 years in Dibrugarh district.
6. Arunachal Congress alleges conspiracy behind Kimin-fiasco
The Arunachal Pradesh Congress party on Sunday alleged that the BJP-led State Govt is hatching a bigger conspiracy behind the Kimin fiasco.
7. Social media app “Bujulo” from Nagaland to launch soon
A multi-messaging-based social media application called “Bujulo,” developed by a lad from Nagaland is expected to be launched next month.