Evening News Nuggets
1. Nagaland Govt extends lockdown in the state till June 18
The Government of Nagaland on Wednesday extended the ongoing lockdown in the state till June 18, with certain relaxations in place.
2. BCCI fixes date for resumption of Indian Premier League in UAE
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has fixed the date for the resumption of the 14th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) to be held in the UAE.
3. Raimona, Dehing Patkai notified as national parks of Assam
The Assam government on Wednesday formally declared Raimona and Dehing Patkai as the sixth and seventh national parks of the state.
4. Centre releases 3rd monthly instalment of PDRD Grant to 17 states
The Union Government released the third monthly instalment of the Post Devolution Revenue Deficit (PDRD) Grant amounting to 9,871 crore for the current financial year.
5. Mizoram: Shopkeepers asked to maintain stocks with minimal staff
The Deputy Commissioner of Aizawl Dr Lalhriatzuali Ralte announced that shopkeepers will be allowed to maintain stocks in their shops in the Aizawl Municipal Corporation(AMC) area, on Thursdays and Saturdays, with strict adherence to appropriate behaviour guidelines.
6. Meghalaya govt to provide 100 per cent budgetary support to MeECL, scraps DF proposal
The Meghalaya government has decided to provide 100 per cent budgetary support for the repayment of the Atmanirbhar loan taken by the Meghalaya Energy Corporation Limited (MeECL).