Morning News Nuggets
1. Assam: ULFA-I terms Oil India Limited recruitment policy as 'biased'
Terming the Oil India Limited (OIL) recruitment process as 'biased', the United Liberation Front of Asom - Independent (ULFA-I) has asked the public sector enterprise to make the recruitment process state-centric by giving chance to the eligible indigenous candidates of the state.
2. Nagaland: Over 93 delta variant cases detected in samples after genome sequencing
The Northeastern state of Nagaland has detected 93 COVID-19 delta variant cases(B.1.617.2)along with two other variants 'alpha' and 'kappa' out of 98 samples, which were sent for genome sequencing.
3. Assam: COVID-19 vaccination drive suspended in Tinsukia due to vaccine shortage
The Tinsukia district administration suspended the ongoing COVID-19 vaccination drive in the district following the shortage of vaccines in the state.
4. Sikkim govt issues notification for further relaxations in the state
The Sikkim Government issued a new set of guidelines to allow relaxations for the resumption of economic activities in the state.
5. Assam launches special scheme to promote orthodox tea
The Assam Tea Industries Special Incentive Scheme (ATISIS), 2020, was ceremonially launched during a programme.
6. Sikkim Teachers' Association initiates 'smartphone donation drive' for underprivileged students
The Sikkim Teachers’ Association (STA), West District, has started a special smartphone donation drive for students who are deprived of digital learning due to the non-availability of smartphones.
7. Assam govt institutes roadmap for uplifting Muslim population
The Assam government has set the ball rolling for creating a roadmap for development of indigenous Muslim population in the state.
8. 17 killed, 40 injured in Philippines plane crash
At least 17 military personnel were killed and 40 others injured when a Philippine Air Force Lockheed C-130 aircraft crashed in the southern province after missing the runway.
TNT-The Northeast Today is now on WhatsApp: CLICK HERE to receive more updates on your phone.