Morning News Nuggets
1. Meghalaya: Landslides, waterlogging due to excessive rain in Garo Hills, low lying areas residents cautioned
The normal movement of vehicles and people have been affected in Garo Hills in Meghalaya after heavy rainfall for two consecutive days wreaked havoc in the region, which triggered massive landslides, waterlogging and destruction of a bridge.
2. Nagaland legislator Toshi Wungtung dies from Covid-19 related complications
Nagaland legislator and Advisor Toshi Wungtung passed away in New Delhi. He was just 56.
3. Indian sprinter Dutee Chand qualifies for Tokyo Olympics
Ace Indian sprinter, Dutee Chand, has qualified for the upcoming Tokyo Olympics in both 100 and 200 metres race categories through the world ranking quota.
4. Meghalaya social welfare dept makes headlines again for alleged distribution of substandard rice to ICDS beneficiaries
The Meghalaya Social Welfare Department has hit the spotlight once again and, this time for the alleged distribution of sub-standard rice to the beneficiaries under the Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) in Mawlai, Shillong.
5. Assam: First black fungus death recorded at AMCH
A 47-year-old man died of mucormycosis, commonly known as black fungus, at the Assam Medical College and Hospital (AMCH) on Wednesday becoming the first death because of the fungal infection in upper Assam.
TNT-The Northeast Today is now on WhatsApp. CLICK HERE to receive more updates on your phone.