Morning News Nuggets
1. Meghalaya: MeECL needs to be revamped, admits MDA partners
Coalition partners in the Meghalaya Democratic Alliance (MDA) admitted that the Meghalaya Energy Corporation Limited (MeECL) needs to be revamped since it has been in disarray for a long time.
2. Meghalaya: Minor girl rescued from Assam, one held
In a search operation conducted by the Ri Bhoi Police, a minor girl was rescued after she was allegedly kidnapped by one miscreant from Assam.
3. Another Assam doctor assaulted in Darrang
After a junior doctor Dr Seuj Kumar Senapati of Hojai was brutally attacked in Hojai, yet another case of assault on a doctor was reported from Assam’s Darrang district on June 6.
4. Meghalaya: Things going as per law - Cong MLA Ampareen on alleged assault case
Congress MLA Ampareen Lyngdoh said that the Director General of Police (DGP) informed the Committee of Women Empowerment (CWE) that investigation of an alleged assault case concerning a legislator is proceeding as per law and that a case has been registered on June 1.
5. Centre to provide free vaccines to states from June 21
PM Narendra Modi in his address to the nation announced that all vaccines will be procured by the centre and given to states for free from June 21 onwards.
6. NF Railway, UNICEF join hands to spread awareness against COVID-19 in Assam
Northeast Frontier Railway and UNICEF have joined hands to spread awareness among people on COVID-19 in Assam.
7. Assam approves Rs 160-cr rehab programme for 4036 surrendered NDFB cadres
The Assam government has approved a Rs 160 crore programme to rehabilitate as many as 4036 surrendered National Democratic Front of Boroland (NDFB) cadres.
8. Meghalaya: Committee of Women Empowerment holds COVID review meeting
The Committee of Women Empowerment held a virtual meeting to discuss the impending probable third wave of the COVID, vaccination drive in the state and other important things about the COVID situation in the state.
9. Assam Cong seeks early, pragmatic decision on board, HS exams
Assam Pradesh Congress Committee has urged the state government to come out with an “early and pragmatic” decision regarding holding of the Assam board (Class X) and higher secondary (Class XII) examinations.
10. Bank of India posts Rs. 250 crore Q4 profit on tapering bad loans
Bank of India reported a net profit of Rs. 250 crore for the fourth quarter ending March 2021, compared to a loss of more than Rs. 3,500 crore a year ago, as the state-owned bank managed to recover bad loans.
TNT-The Northeast Today is now on WhatsApp. CLICK HERE to receive more updates on your phone.