Morning News Nuggets
1. Meghalaya: KSU requests for setting up Corona Care Center in Amlarem
The Khasi Students Union (KSU) has requested for the setting up of Corona Care Center in Amlarem even as they found that there is a need to upgrade facilities in several health centers such as in PHCs in Jarain and Pdengshakap.
2. Meghalaya Govt imposes total lockdown in East Khasi Hills district till May 31
The Govt of Meghalaya imposed a total lockdown in East Khasi Khasi Hills (EKH) district starting from 8 PM of May 19 to May 31.
3. Assam assures uninterrupted medical oxygen supply to Meghalaya
Assam will continue to supply 16 metric tonnes of medical oxygen per day to Meghalaya as long as the situation permits.
4. Meghalaya deploys a participatory approach in the battle against COVID
Jaiaw Laitdom, one of the localities in Shillong, houses about 5000 residents with over 40 positive cases. Being a large locality, not all needs of residents – including medical needs besides COVID – are adequately catered to all the time.
5. Assam Cong holds virtual meets to devise plan to combat COVID across districts
The Assam Congress is holding a series of virtual meetings with district Congress committee presidents and party candidates to devise a strategy to help people in the districts overcome the COVID-19 situation.
6. Meghalaya receives two advanced support ambulances from NHIDCL
The National Highway and Infrastructure Development Corporation (NHIDCL) handed over two state-of-the-art Advanced Support Ambulances to the government of Meghalaya.
TNT-The Northeast Today is now on WhatsApp. CLICK HERE to receive more updates on your phone.