Mid-day News Nuggets
Top stories this afternoon.
1. Assam to provide 20 lakh tap water connections in 2021-22
Assam government presented their Annual Action Plan for 2021-22 to the national committee chaired by the Secretary, Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation through a video conference.
2. COVAXIN vaccine prices reduced from Rs 600 to Rs 400
After the Serum Institute of India had announced to reduce the price of Covishield, Bharat Biotech has reduced the price of Covaxin for the state governments from Rs 600 to Rs 400 per dose.
3. Meghalaya: CCORMAU urges CM to constitute independent inquiry concerning irregularities in MeECL
The Coordination Committee of Registered MeECL (Employees) Associations and Unions (CCORMAU) has urged Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad Sangma to constitute an Independent Inquiry Commission concerning the "irregularities and scams in the Meghalaya Energy Corporation Limited (MeECL)."
4. One dead in Tripura as officials raise concerns over mutant strain
A patient in Tripura succumbed to the dreaded double mutant Indian variant of the COVID-19 virus, which wreaked havoc in Maharashtra.
5. Assam receives 1.5 lakh doses of Covishield vaccine
Assam received 1.5 lakh doses of Covishield vaccine from the Centre, taking the total availability of doses in the state to 7,70,030.
6. Manipur Guv declares entire greater Imphal area as containment zone for seven days
The Government of Manipur has issued an order declaring the entire greater Imphal area as a containment zone after 314 cases were reported.