Morning News Nuggets
1. Meghalaya: District authorities allow "partial" reopening of Iewduh from June 18
The Chief Executive Member (CEM) of the Khasi Hills Autonomous District Council (KHADC), Titos Chyne, informed that Meghalaya's largest commercial hub - Iewduh will "partially" reopen on June 18, and has appealed to the shopkeepers and hawkers to get themselves vaccinated.
2. Meghalaya: COVID complacency may trigger a third wave, says Hek
Meghalaya Health Minister Alexander Laloo Hek said the department is concerned about the inevitable third wave of COVID in the state, informing that the department has constituted committees of paediatricians, gynaecologists to monitor the third wave.
3. Nagaland reports 101 fresh COVID cases, 322 new recoveries and three deaths
Nagaland reported 101 fresh COVID-19 cases, raising the cumulative active cases in the state to 2,972.
4. Senior doctor dies due to COVID in Meghalaya
A 70-year-old senior radiologist, Dr Sanjay Kumar Barman, succumbed to the Coronavirus at North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Science (NEIGRIHMS) in Shillong.
5. Meghalaya police seize drugs, money at Demthring; two arrested
Meghalaya Police busted a drug racket and apprehended two persons along with seizing psychotropic substance on June 12.
6. Meghalaya govt keen on improving, strengthening police force in state
Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma held a meeting with the state police officials to discuss the possibilities of strengthening the police force by increasing manpower and upgrading the infrastructure.
7. Meghalaya coal mine tragedy: Two bodies spotted, Govt yet to receive official confirmation
Two bodies of the trapped miners have been spotted in a coal mine at Sutnga in East Jaintia Hills, though the government is yet to receive an official report on the latest findings.
TNT-The Northeast Today is now on WhatsApp. CLICK HERE to receive more updates on your phone.