Morning News Nuggets
1. Meghalaya: Ri-Bhoi district to implement “odd-even” system for private vehicles
The District Magistrate, Ri Bhoi District has issued specific arrangements for the movement of Public Transport Vehicles within Ri-Bhoi District.
2. 56 sub-stations outsourced to Public Sector Undertaking to reduce financial stresses of MeECL: Meghalaya CM
Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma maintained that the 56 sub-stations have been given out to the Public Sector Undertaking considering the precarious financial situation.
3. Assam Chief Minister holds meeting on COVID management in the state
Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma held a meeting via video conferencing with top officials of the state for COVID control and management in the region.
4. COVID expenditure managed from state’s resources, says Meghalaya CM
Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma who is also in charge of the Finance Department said that the state government’s expenditure of COVID was high last year compared to this year and it is being managed from the state’s resources.
5. Meghalaya to intensify COVID testing, increase bed capacity in hospitals, says CM
Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma informed that Meghalaya has conducted the maximum number of COVID-19 tests in May, with the expected testing capacity to cross 70,000 in the coming days.
6. Meghalaya: Shillong's Laitumkhrah market to remain shut until further orders
The Deputy Commissioner of East Khasi Hills District ordered the closure of the Laitumkhrah market with immediate effect and until further orders.
TNT-The Northeast Today is now on WhatsApp. CLICK HERE to receive more updates on your phone.