Mid-day News Nuggets
1. Assam: Over 800 people have died in human-elephant conflict in a decade
Human-elephant conflict in Assam has killed at least 812 people during the last 10 years, Environment and Forests Minister Parimal Suklabaidya said in the state assembly on Wednesday.
2. Meghalaya: One arrested in IED blast case in Khliehriat
Meghalaya Police, on Wednesday, arrested one person suspected to be behind the IED explosion that happened at the police reserve residential quarters at Khliehriat in East Jaintia Hills on Wednesday morning.
3. Assam: Kidney traffickers target poor tea garden workers in Dibrugarh
Kidney traffickers in Assam are targeting poor tea gardens workers in Dibrugarh, compelling poor families to sell kidneys in exchange for money.
4. 147 women officers granted permanent commission in Indian Army
After the Supreme Court passed the judgement of granting Permanent Commission (PC) to women officers in the Indian Army, 147 new women officers have been commissioned into the Indian Army as officers.
5. Arunachal: One soldier dead and 7 injured in Army vehicle accident
An Indian Army vehicle carrying 11 personnel, on Wednesday, met with an accident, leaving one soldier dead and seven others seriously injured, after falling into a gorge in Upper Siang in Arunachal.
6. PIL filed in Manipur HC challenging notification prioritising vaccinated persons
A Public Interest Litigation (PIL) was filed by Osbert Khaling (an advocate and social activist) in the Manipur High Court challenging paragraph no 2 of the notification issued by the state government that prioritises vaccinated persons easing COVID-19 limitations.
TNT-The Northeast Today is now on WhatsApp. CLICK HERE to receive more updates on your phone.