Mid-day News Nuggets
1. Assam: Youth killed over football brawl in Doomdooma
A-20 year-old youth was allegedly killed after a small argument at the Raidang tea estate area in Assam's Tinsukia district
2. Mizoram: 6-year-old infected with possible inflammation case linked to COVID-19
A six-year-old boy, currently undergoing treatment at a church-run hospital in Aizawl, is showing signs of a suspected case of Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C)
3. COVID updates: Northeast fare worst in recoveries from coronavirus
The eight northeastern states have fared the worst in terms of recovery of patients from COVID-19, even as the country's recovery rate is rising regularly, increasing to 95.43 per cent on Monday.
4. Sikkim: CM Tamang highlights 900 crore damage to tourism in budget speech
Sikkim Chief Minister Prem Singh Tamang said in the 2021-22 fiscal budget presentation on Monday that the hill state’s tourism sector suffered a loss of more than Rs. 900 crore due to the COVID-19 pandemic, affecting the state’s gross domestic product (GDP) to the tune of Rs. 2,200 crore.
5. Assam Police solves ‘mystery’ case; discovers minor siblings allegedly raped, murdered
Assam Police have ascertained that the two minor sisters, who were found hanging from a tree in a village in Kokrajhar district in Bodoland Territorial Region (BTR), were allegedly raped and murdered.
6. Assam chess wizard Shahil Dey named India's first International Master from Northeast India
13-year-old chess prodigy from Assam, Shahil Dey became the first International Master from Northeast India on Monday, after the youngster was awarded the title in Budapest, Hungary.