Mid-day News Nuggets
Residents of several villages in East Khasi Hills and West Jaintia Hills have been staging protests against the hydropower project at Umngot, stating that the same will impact the environment and the ecosystem.
2. Denmark to stop using AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine
Denmark announced it would stop using the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine over suspected “serious side effects.”
3. Condolences pour in for veteran Manipuri Filmmaker Em Kay Jeet
Singh, popularly known as Em Kay Jeet, passed away at JNIMS hospital on April 12.
4. Odisha: Forest Deptt rescues 6.6 ft king cobra
Locals spotted the snake and informed the department, which promptly sent down a team to carry out the rescue operation.
5. Covaxin vaccines go missing from Jaipur hospital
320 doses of COVAXIN went missing from the cold storage unit.
6. Twelve-year-old dies after participating in TikTok challenge
A 12-year-old boy from Colorado died after participating in a dangerous TikTok challenge known as the “Blackout Challenge”.