Evening News Nuggets
1. Lovlina storms into Olympic semis; assures India of medal
Assam’s lone representative in the Tokyo Olympics, boxer Lovlina Borgohain stormed into the semifinals of the women’s welterweight (64 to 69 kg) category defeating Chinese Taipei’s Nien-Chin Chen 4-1 in the quarterfinal on Friday.
2. Meghalaya HSSLC exam results: Laban Bengalee Boys', St. Anthony's School top Commerce & Science list
Meghalaya Board of School Education (MBoSE) on Friday declared the results of the Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate (HSSLC) examinations - Science and Commerce Streams.
3. Assam Board Exam: 3,97,132 candidates clear HSLC exam; 11,438 successful in AHM
As many 3,97,132 candidates out of the 4,26,553 candidates appearing in the High School Leaving Certificate (HSLC) cleared the exam by the Board of Secondary Education Assam (SEBA), the results of which were declared on Friday.
4. Tokyo Olympics: Archer Deepika Kumari loses quarter-finals against South Korea As San
Indian archer Deepika Kumari on Friday ended her Olympic campaign after losing women's archery quarter-finals match against As San of South Korea.
5. No report of essential commodities crisis in state due to economic blockade by Assam: Mizoram govt
Mizoram Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Minister K Lalrinliana said, there is no report of a crisis of essential commodities in the state thus far despite the "economic blockade" staged by the people of Assam's Barak Valley.
6. Meghalaya: Skilled swimmers including 13-yr-old boy retrieve body of youth who drowned in Massar river
13-year-old boy Snar Mawpat, along with three other swimmers from Mawsohmad village in East Khasi Hills district of Meghalaya, gained recognition for being the best swimmers in the area for their several rescues missions.
7. IIT-G and Mizoram University signs MoU to strengthen collaboration in teaching, research programmes
With the initiative to develop teaching programmes, R&D activities and promotion of exchange of students, the Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG) on Thursday said that it has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Mizoram University to advance research and academic collaborations.
8. Meghalaya: MBOSE Commerce and Science toppers speak about their success
Debraj Nag of Laban Bengalee Boys’ Higher Secondary School, Shillong, who topped the class 12 Commerce stream result that was declared on Friday, pointed that offline classes are better than online classes.
9. Tokyo Olympics: PV Sindhu beats Japan's Yamaguchi, enters semi-finals
Indian shuttler PV Sindhu stormed into the semi-finals of the women's singles badminton event at the ongoing Tokyo Olympics on Friday.