Evening News Nuggets
1. Mizo Peace Accord, 1986, most successful agreement: CM Zoramthanga
Mizoram Chief Minister Zoramthanga on Tuesday said that the historic 'Mizo Peace Accord' signed on June 30, 1986, was the most successful agreement in India.
2. Assam: Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine launched in Tinsukia
Tinsukia Deputy Commissioner Narsing Pawar, on Wednesday, launched the Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine during a function held at the Asha Griha building in Tinsukia.
3. Assam CM’s vigilance cell teams nab 6 over MLA scheme funds ‘misuse’
Teams from the Chief Minister’s Special Vigilance Cell, Assam, arrested six persons, including two former block development officers, for alleged misappropriation of funds worth about Rs 25 lakh under development schemes for road construction in lower Assam’s Barpeta district.
4. Assam Cabinet decides to grant special leave to arms battalion cops
In a welcome reprieve for arms battalion personnel of Assam Police, the state Cabinet on Wednesday decided to grant a month’s compulsory leave every year to personnel from the rank of sub-inspector to constable, to visit their homes and stay with their families.
5. Over 4500 wild frogs seized by Manipur police, culprits arrested
In a statement issued by the People for Animals (PFA) in Manipur, two persons from Leibon in Moirang Mantak of Bishnupur district were arrested by the Patsoi police of Manipur after over 4500 wild frogs contained in nine sacks, were seized from them.
6. SC gives centre 6 weeks to decide on ex gratia compensation to COVID victims
The Supreme Court, on Wednesday, directed the Centre to frame guidelines to grant ex-gratia compensation to families of those who died due to the COVID-19 virus.
7. Nagaland declared a ‘disturbed area’ for six months under AFSPA
Nagaland has been declared a “Disturbed Area” for six more months under the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act, 1958 (AFSPA).