Morning News Nuggets
1. Assam Police arrest Superintendent of Excise on bribery charges
Assam Police Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB), arrested Superintendent of Excise, Manshjyoti Das, for allegedly demanding and taking bribe from wine shop owners.
2. Meghalaya: KHNAM youth wing president criticises govt for improper handling of COVID cases at entry point
The youth wing of Khun Hynniewtrep National Awakening Movement (KHNAM) president Thomas Passah has criticised the government for not handling the COVID cases at the entry point well.
3. Setting up of oxygen plants in Meghalaya underway, says CM
The Chief Minister of Meghalaya Conrad K Sangma said that the setting up of oxygen plants at different hospitals is underway.
4. Assam: AMCH decides to shut down OPD services for two weeks
After much discussion with the Dibrugarh district administration, authorities of Assam Medical College and Hospital (AMCH) have closed the Outdoor Patients Department (OPD) service for two weeks with immediate effect and until further order.
5. Centre approves prospecting license for Coal Mining in Meghalaya
Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma informed that the Centre has approved the Prospecting License for coal mining in the state of Meghalaya.