Morning News Nuggets
Dibrugarh district Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme officer, Dr Nabojyoti Gogoi, informed that a random sampling of the returnees was done at the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), Lahowal and the reports had detected the Indian double mutant strain of Covid-19 in them.
2. Three NE states are vulnerable to climate change: report
The report released by Department of Science and Technology (DST) secretary Ashutosh Sharma recently, identifies the most vulnerable states and districts in India concerning current climate risk.
3. Assam: 300 passengers at Silchar Airport ‘skip’ mandatory COVID tests
As many as 690 passengers had arrived on six flights at the airport on Wednesday.4. Manipur: Nurse on COVID-19 vaccination duty attacked in Churachandpur district
The nurse, named Rosy Themboi Haokip, was posted at Leisang Primary Health Sub-Centre (PHSC) in Churachandpur district.
5. Meghalaya: Cyclonic storm wreaks havoc in Ri Bhoi district
In Jirang C&RD Block, the cyclonic storm affected the Umkynsier area, where 4 civilians met with injuries and were rushed for treatment.
6. Mizoram: MNF leader Mohan Chakma elected unopposed as Chairman of Chakma Autonomous District Council
According to sources, Chakma was elected as the new chief of the council as no other members of the constitutional body filed nominations for the post.
7. Nagaland: COVID Care Center at Chumukedima activated
Observing that many returnees do not report to the authority on arrival, Mereninla impressed upon the DTF members for taking strong active measures to ensure that Returnees report to the CMO office or the DTF as per Government directive.
8. COVID-19 vaccination for all above 18, registration opens from April 24
The decision to extend vaccinations to all has been taken given the present situation of COVID-19 in the country.
TNT-The Northeast Today is now on WhatsApp: CLICK HERE to receive more updates on your phone.