Morning News Nuggets
The state has 2.17 lakh rural households, out of which 47 per cent have access to tap water supply.
2. Assam permits food delivery, takeaway services after 6 pm
In view of the rising COVID-19 cases in the state, the State Government on Tuesday issued new standard operating procedures (SOPs), restricting the number of attendees in educational institutions, offices, public functions and directing closure of all marketplaces by 6 pm.
3. Passengers arriving in Assam to undergo mandatory seven days home quarantine
“However, government officials and those travelling due to medical reasons and family bereavement are exempted from this mandatory seven days home quarantine,” the order said.
4. Manipur government closes Ima Keithel market for 10 days
The order further stated that one in every three shops located at Paona Bazaar and Thangal Bazaar will open on a rotational basis.
5. Meghalaya: Man arrested for allegedly molesting minor girl in West Khasi Hills
The accused was arrested on April 17 and a case has been registered under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act.
6. Meghalaya: No assumption or presumption regarding new COVID variant, says Dr Aman War
"Let us take all the precautions and follow all the instructions as given by the government," War said.
7. Nagaland: No plan to impose lockdown or night curfew in Kohima, says DC
However, the District Task Force in its meeting has decided to go for imposing compulsory wearing of masks in public places, particularly concentrating in the town areas, Gregory Thejawelie informed.
8. Oxygen shortage created in Maharashtra hospital due to tanker leakage, 22 dead
The mishap has been attributed to a valve malfunction when massive leakage disrupted vital oxygen supply for at least half an hour, according to reports.
TNT-The Northeast Today is now on WhatsApp: CLICK HERE to receive more updates on your phone.