Morning News Nuggets
Both pre-primary and primary classes in all government/provincialised/private schools will remain closed till May 8.
2. Former Assam CM Bhumidhar Barman passes away
The Assam government has declared a three-day mourning as a mark of respect for the departed leader.
3. Assam: MMC Hospital in Guwahati to be dedicated to COVID patients from April 20
Sarma further informed that the UK strain of coronavirus, “which is lighter and spreads faster” has been detected in the state.
4. Assam: Dibrugarh University postpones PG exams after spike in COVID-19 cases
Controller of Examination I/C Dibrugarh University, Dr A. Baruah, announced the postponement of all PG examinations (both CBCS and Non-CBCS) that were supposed to be held on the above dates.
5. Assam: Task force to rein in violators of COVID protocols in Kamrup Metro
“The task force will monitor whether people are following the COVID-19 standing protocols in public places or not. The task force will also impose a fine of Rs 1000 on persons not adhering to the protocols,” a notification said.
6. Meghalaya: Newly elected MDCs to be sworn in tomorrow after CM meets Governor
Further on April 21, the House would meet once again for the election to the Office of the Chairman at the same venue.
7. Meghalaya: JNV Mawphlang conducts Orientation-cum-Interaction programme for classes X and XII
During the programme, Pyngrope interacted with the students and spoke about a range of subjects such as personality development, religious tolerance and tips on how to prepare for board exams.
8. World Haemophilia Day observed in Meghalaya
To mark the occasion, an awareness discussion on Haemophilia care in children and musculoskeletal complications, and their management were delivered.