Evening News Nuggets
1. Brus clash with locals leaves 13 tribals injured in North Tripura district
In a conflict between displaced Bru people from Mizoram and locals near Casco Bru camp in North Tripura district, thirteen tribal people were injured, police said on Tuesday.
2. Manipur: Statewide curfew extended till Aug 3
Amid the surge in the number of COVID-19 cases in the state, the Manipur government has extended the statewide curfew by seven days till August 3, officials informed.
3. Cachar SP’s injury prompts minor reshuffle in Assam Police
In a minor reshuffle in Assam Police prompted by Monday's border violence at Lailapur in Cachar district along the Assam-Mizoram border, Hailakandi, superintendent of police (SP) Ramandeep Kaur has been transferred and posted as Cachar superintendent of police.
4. Assam Congress team barred from visiting ‘conflict zone’ near Mizoram border
A delegation of Assam Pradesh Congress Committee was prevented by Assam Police from visiting Lailapur Bazar close to the “conflict zone” along the Assam-Mizoram border on Wednesday owing to “security reasons”.
5. Five Meghalaya journos detained in Assam, MEPA condemns incident
The Meghalaya Editors’ and Publishers’ Association (MEPA) has condemned the act of Assam police for detaining five journalists from Ri Bhoi district on Tuesday at around 4 pm.
6. Meghalaya: MBOSE HSSLC results to be declared on July 30
The Meghalaya Board of Education (MBOSE) on Wednesday announced that the Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate (HSSLC)/ Class12 examination results for Science, Commerce and Vocational streams will be declared on July 30.
7. Interfaith leaders underline the need to dispel rumours about COVID vaccination
Interfaith leaders from different religions of the three northeastern states of Manipur, Meghalaya and Mizoram have underlined the need to gather more knowledge about the pandemic, dispel rumours about vaccinations and continue following COVID appropriate behaviour.
8. Manipur: Case registered against Facebook user for 'Chinese girl' comment on Mirabai Chanu
The Imphal Police has lodged a First Information Report (FIR) against one Omen Achom who goes by the social media handle ‘Captain Murugan’ for his Facebook post on Olympic medalist Mirabai Chanu.
9. Arunachal: Students body criticises execution of Trans-Arunachal Highway project, seeks Guv's intervention
The West Siang District Students' Union (WSDSU) has urged Governor Brig (Retd) BD Mishra to intervene and stop the improper execution of package-IX of the 37 Km long Nyigmoi to Pangin Trans-Arunachal Highway project.