Manipur woman dies after eating wild mushrooms; three others hospitalised
A 40-year-old woman and ASHA worker, hailing from Khongdei Ngawar village of Senapati district in Manipur, died after a reaction occurred due to poisoning of mushrooms, on Sunday.
According to sources, Esther Khullak and her husband along with two children had consumed seasonal mushrooms brought from the forest on June 10.
After two days, the family showed symptoms of severe food poisoning, having diarrhoea and fever.
The family showed severe symptoms after eating the mushrooms, however, Esther's condition was more severe and died due to the fungus poisoning at about 11 am on Sunday, in her village.
The youngest child of the family, who did not consume the mushroom curry, showed no symptoms of food poisoning.
The husband Wantson Khullak, daughter Catherine and son Gladson have been admitted to a district hospital in Senapati and, their health condition are stable as of Tuesday, district surveillance officer (DSO) Dr Jacob Pao informed.
(Edited by Marvin Kharsohnoh)
TNT-The Northeast Today is now on WhatsApp. CLICK HERE to receive more updates on your phone