Assam: Prasad consumption in Hojai causes food poisoning in over 200 people


In a case of a food poisoning incident in Assam's Hojai district, at least 200 people were taken ill after consuming 'prasad' (Holy offering), officials said on Thursday.

They informed that some of the patients have been admitted to hospitals in Hojai and Nagaon towns for better treatment.

More than 200 people, including women and children, had consumed prasad and other eatables at an event in Ward 7 of Lanka town on Tuesday, the officials said, adding that all of them complained of fever and vomiting from Wednesday.

Meanwhile, an official said that so far, no one has been seriously ill and the situation is being monitored.

(Edited by Aparmita Das)

TNT-The Northeast Today is now on WhatsApp: CLICK HERE to receive more updates on your phone.