Mid-day News Nuggets
The Government of Assam announced that the COVID-19 vaccine would remain free for everyone over 18 years of age from May 1.
2. Armed miscreants abduct three ONGC employees in Assam
“The militant group has started their old tactic of kidnapping to create pressure on the company for money," said a police official.
3. Meghalaya Health Minister brushes aside allegations of difference between NPP & BJP
“We are supporting the NPP," Meghalaya Health Minister AL Hek.
4. Sikkim: Tourists to provide negative RT-PCR tests
The Government of Sikkim has imposed strict restrictions on inter-state travellers and made it mandatory for tourists to produce RT-PCR test.
5. Sikkim: Educational institutions to remain closed till April 30
The State Government also informed that all government offices would function with 50 per cent capacity from April 22.
6. Mizoram reports 90 fresh COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours
The northeastern state of Mizoram reported 90 fresh COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of active cases to 504.