10 reasons that prove you grew up in the 80s in Shillong
Jul 4, 2018, 08:55 IST|
TNT DESK | July 4, 2018
- You most likely knew who Freddy Khapran and Augustine Kharkongor were and thought that they were the best footballers in India. Bordoloi trophy was the tournament Shillong XI had to win to prove that we were the best in Northeast.
- You went and watched Qayamat se Qayamat Tak starring Aamir Khan and Juhi Chawla at Bijou Cinema Hall.
- Most of you did not appear for Exams during 1987 as everyone passed because of the Shillong Agitation.
- Living High, Great Society,King Apple and Adremelech were the biggest bands that walked the planet .
- You had to own a Leather Jacket and dress up like Bruce Dickenson .The Mawlai and Malki fete was a must for all the rock fans.
- The Shillong Bus was a regular at GS Road and you most likely hitched a ride in it .
- You watched Salman Khan romance Ayesha Jhulka at the 14th Mile for a flop movie called Kurbaan.
- You went to the Nazareth Cafeteria in Laitumkhrah for Lassi and Hot Dog and Jalpan for Aloo Puri while Abba was the best restaurant in Shillong.And Hong Kong restaurant served the best 'Half Plate Chow'.
- You saw the Flying Duck at the Umiam Lake (It was a restaurant).
- You knew someone who had modified his Jeep and bought Radial tyres.