Assam: Dibrugarh district administration imposes new restrictions from May 14
The new directive that comes into force on Thursday (May 14) will apply to urban areas and adjacent areas within a 5 km radius from the periphery of municipal boards/ revenue towns of Dibrugarh.
The Chairperson of the Dibrugarh District Disaster Management Authority, on May 12, issued an order to restrict commercial activities in the area amid the COVID surge.
The new directive that comes into force on Thursday (May 13) will apply to urban areas and adjacent areas within a 5 km radius from the periphery of municipal boards/ revenue towns of Dibrugarh.
As per the new order:
1. All shops and commercial establishments shall close at 1 PM on all days
2. Weekly/daily haats/bazaars shall not be allowed to open for 15 days.
3. Restaurants, dhabas and other eateries can entertain dine-in guest only up to 1 PM, after which only home delivery of food will be allowed till 8 PM.
4. Restaurants operating within a hotel or resort can allow outside guests till 1 PM only, after which only in-house guests of the hotel/resort may be given room service.
5. Delivery of essential goods through e-commerce may continue with observance of COVID appropriate behaviour.
6. Cold storages and warehouses may continue after 1 PM. However, sale counters, showrooms etc. attached to these warehouses or cold storages shall not operate
after 1 PM.
7. Pharmacies, hospitals, animal care centres and veterinary clinics may operate without restrictions as they come under essential and emergency services.
8. All educational institutions including schools/ colleges/ universities must provide quality virtual options. No physical classes shall be allowed for 15 days.
9. All offices both government and non-government closed for 15 days.
10. Government/ semi-government officers holding the rank of Deputy Secretary and above, and senior executives in non-government sectors along with their key support staff will be allowed to attend office till 1 PM only for emergency and essential works.
11. However, 9 and 10 above will not be applicable for organizations rendering essential/emergency services, law enforcement services and election work.
12. In case the positivity rate of COVID-19 in any area reaches 5% or more in the last one week, the undersigned will notify such areas as containment zone and all necessary containment measures for COVID-19 as envisaged in MoHFW, GOl advisory dated 25th April 2021 annexed with MHA order dated 29th April 2021 will be enforced.
13. Marriages and religious functions will be private affairs and will be allowed with the presence of a maximum of 10 (ten) persons. No reception parties will be allowed post or pre-marriage.
14. Funeral/ last rites related gatherings shall only be attended by 10 people.
15. All Religious places shall remain closed for 15 days. However, the religious head of a religious place or his representative may perform minimal religious rituals/prayers.
16. All public transport will be allowed to operate only up to 30% of seating capacity.
17. Auto Rickshaws, cycle rickshaws and taxis shall operate with one driver and two passengers.
18. For two-wheelers pillion riding is prohibited, however, the directive will not apply to women and children.
19. Vehicles are allowed to ply on the road between 5 am to 2 pm following the odd-even formula, however, the rule will not apply to government vehicles, which are barred from the purview of the order.
20. Personal vehicles used for medical emergencies are barred from the purview of the order and shall continue to play without restrictions.
21. There shall be a total ban on the movement of individuals from 2 PM to 5 AM daily.
22. In respect to areas not covered by this order, the regulations given vide order No. DRF 9/2020/Part-1/23 dtd.04.05.2021 shall remain in force.
(Edited by Shankar Kumar Turha)
TNT-The Northeast Today is now on WhatsApp: CLICK HERE to receive more updates on your phone.