Arunachal Pradesh: Four houses gutted in fire at Yagrung village



Four houses were reduced to ashes in a fire incident that broke out at around 12.05 noon on Sunday at Yagrung village in Arunachal Pradesh.

The damaged houses/quarters belong to three staff of the Primary Health Centre (PHC) and an employee of the education department.

It was informed that the cause of the fire is due to the short circuit after a big tree nearby fell on the live wire connecting the houses.

As per eyewitnesses, the house of one Tagom Tamat was dismantled by the villagers to stop the fire from spreading to nearby houses.

“Four houses attached closely were gutted in a fire, and the fire tender team had reached the village to douse the fire. However, no loss of life was reported,” East Siang Superintendent of Police, Rajiv Ranjan Singh said.

Meanwhile, villagers of Yagrung, Tekang and Sibut have contributed bamboos and Toku Patta (roofing materials) for immediate construction of temporary houses for the four families.

While villagers have appealed to the public to remain vigilant and, to cut down trees and bamboos which can lead to power-related accidents.

(Edited by Laxmi Chyrmang)