10 images that sum up 2015 for Meghalaya
1. Jorabat, Meghalaya – Guwahati road Landslide, blocking the National highway
2. Wahumkhrah River rises due to heavy rainfall flooding in Pynthorumkhrah
3. Protest against AFSPA in Garo Hills
4. Lathi charge on protesters during the HYC rally near Civil Hospital junction, Shillong. The rally took place at Laban sports club in which authorities forbid the crowd to go forward, eventually leading to lathi charges against protesters in support of the Village Administration Bill (VAB) as well as on pedestrians who weren't a part of the protest.
5. KSU President Daniel Khyriem was arrested after he refused to accept bailable warrant granted by the court. Voluntarily accepted his fate to be behind bars for a few days.
6. UALA sign a peace pact with the Meghalaya Government. The militant outfit was formed in 2012 with an objective to exempt Garo Hills from Meghalaya.
7. Village Administration Bill rally in Shillong (VAB) at Polo ground,in support of the administration bill formed by the Khasi Hills Autonomous District Council (KHADC) and the Jaintia Hills Autonomous District Council (JHADC). The rally considered to be the 'Dorbar Bah Ka Bri U Hynniewtrep' (Assembly of people of the Hynniewtrep Land) is the first-ever public rally in recent years.
8. GNLA ambushed Meghalaya police team where at least four police personnel were brutally killed.
9. Abdul Kalam at IIM, Shillong collapsed while delivering a speech and was taken to Bethany Hospital for medical attention but was declared dead after doctors couldn't revive him. A People's President in whose opinion youths are the priority of the nation, Kalam died while giving a lecture to students of IIM.
10. Biggest National music festival hits Shillong for the first time (NH7 Weekender) and it was a huge success as tickets went sold out. The festival brought Thrash Metal giants, Megadeth and the Reggae Icons, The Wailers.