TNT Jobs | Fresh vacancies in Indian Navy; Apply now
TNT Jobs | April 29, 2019: The Indian Navy invites online application from eligible Unmarried Male candidates for enrolment as Sailor for Matric Recruit (Musician)- 02/2019 Batch. Interested candidates can apply online from 6th May 2019 to 19th May 2019.
Post Name:- Sailor (Musician)
- Age limit:- Candidates should be born between 1st October 1994 to 30th September 2002 (Both dates inclusive). No age relaxation is permissible.
- Pay & Allowances:- During the initial training period, a stipend of Rs. 14,600/- per month will be admissible. On successful completion of initial training, they will be placed in Level 3 of the Defence Pay Matrix (Rs. 21,700- R. 69,100). In addition, they will be paid MSP @ Rs. 5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable).
- Educational Qualification:- Candidate must have passed Matriculation Examination from the Boards of School Education recognized by MHRD, Govt. of India.
Selection is on Merit basis only. The candidate should have proficiency in Aural Aptitude for music with accuracy in Tempo, Pitch and singing one complete song. Should also have actual practical skill on any instrument of Indian or foreign origin with proficiency in the tuning of the instrument, matching unknown notes with the instrument, prepared piece, sight reading of Indian Classical/ Tabulature/ Staff Notation, the performance of Scale/ Raaga/ Taala and basic theory of Indian or International music.
Type of Instruments on which Proficiency Required
The candidates would be required to perform with expertise on one or more instruments such as Keyboard/ String/ Wind instruments or any other instrument of Indian or Foreign origin. Candidates performing on Indefinite Pitch Instruments such as Jazz Drums set, Brass Drum, Snare Drums, Side Drums, Cymbals, Non-Chromatic instruments such as Bugle & monotone instruments used to produce only one note or drone will not be eligible for recruitment.
Musical Experience Certificate
- Candidates performing Hindustani or Carnatic Classical music on Wind Instruments will require a musical experience certificate from any musical Institute or organization of repute.
- A certificate of minimum Initial Grade from International Boards such as Trinity College of Music, London or Royal School of Music, London will be mandatory for candidates performing western notation or western music on Wind Instruments.
- Other candidates will be required to submit certificates of participation/ awards presented at various events.
Promotion:- Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer-I, i.e. Level 8 of the Defence Pay Matrix (Rs. 47,600- Rs. 1, 51,100) plus MSP @ Rs. 5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable). Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
How to apply for Indian Navy Musician Recruitment 2019
Interested candidates can apply online through official website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in from 6th May 2019 to 19th May 2019.
- Register yourself on www.joinindiannavy.gov.in with your E-mail ID, if not registered already. The Applicants must ensure that while filling their Application Form, they are providing their valid and active e-mail IDs and mobile numbers as the Navy may use electronic mode of communication while contacting them at any stages.
- Log–in with the registered E-mail ID and Click on "Current Opportunities".
- Click on "Apply" (√) button.
- Fill up the Form completely. Before clicking the „Submit‟ button make sure all the details are correct and all required documents are scanned in original and uploaded.
- Examination Centres. Mumbai, Kochi, and Visakhapatnam
The training for the course will commence in October 2019, with 15 weeks Basic Training at INS Chilka in Odisha. Thereafter the trainees are sent to Mumbai for 26 weeks of specialized training in Military Music.
For more details, Please go through the Indian Navy Musician Recruitment 2019 official notification or visit www.joinindiannavy.gov.in