Morning News Nuggets
1. Arunachal Pradesh: Female Sambar Deer found dead in D'Ering Memorial Wildlife Sanctuary
A female Sambar deer was found dead on 1 January at Borguli Wildlife Range of D. Ering Wildlife Sanctuary, and the sample has been sent to the Veterinary department to find out the probable cause of death.
2. Union Minister Kiren Rijiju inaugurates northeast’s first sports school in Meghalaya
Union minister Kiren Rijiju, on Monday, inaugurated the Assam Rifles Public School (Sports) school in Laitkor, the first-ever sports school, including the synthetic football ground at SAI training centre in Shillong.
3. Assam CID arrests 2 more in multi-crore scholarship scam
The criminal investigation department (CID) of Assam Police arrested two more accused in connection with the multi-crore pre-matric scholarship scam, official sources informed here on January 4 evening.
4. Nagaland: Review meeting held to assess Dzokou valley fire
A review meeting was held in Kohima on Monday to assess the activities undertaken at Dzokou valley.
5. Secret tunnel to Bangladesh: Assam police probe abduction case
Police in Barak Valley’s Karimganj district are investigating a case in connection with the abduction of a native of Shilua who, after his release, claimed to have been kidnapped to Bangladesh through a “tunnel” in a dense forest area close the international border at Kokaijur near Balia village in Karimganj South constituency on December 27.
6. Meghalaya: Entry fee for tourist spot in West Khasi Hills irks visitors
Following the re-opening of Mawphanlur, a well-known Tourist Spot in West Khasi Hills district, visitors have flowed in to experience the scenic and natural beauty of the place.
7. Tripura HC awards Rs 10 lakh compensation to victim’s family for medical negligence
The Tripura High Court, on Monday, ordered Rs. 10 lakh to be paid as compensation to the mother of a lawyer who lost his life last year because of alleged medical negligence.
8. Assam: Probe against ‘graft’ in BTR soon, asserts BTC chief
The Pramod Boro-led alliance in Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) has said that tough measures would be taken by the new government against anyone involved in corruption and that a probe would be carried after a week.
9. COVID-19 vaccination dry run held in Sikkim
A COVID-19 vaccination dry run was held at Urban PHC, Gangtok on January 2 in the presence of several health officials.
10. mPension Manipur to ease inconvenience faced by pensioners
To ease the inconvenience faced by pensioners, Chief Minister N. Biren Singh launched the mPension Manipur App on January 4, where pensioners can self-update without going to the treasury office.