Morning News Nuggets
1. Manipur: Kuki Students’ Organisation calls for complete shutdown on March 26, 27
A statement issued by KSO-GHQ General Secretary Thanglenmang Simte, on Tuesday, stated that the KSO will oppose any decision taken by the Manipur Government that threatens the status of its people, whether it be Any Kuki Tribes (AKT) or any other Kuki tribes recognised under the Constitution of India.
2. Assam: Karbi Anglong Autonomous Council CEM campaigns for BJP candidates
The Chief Executive Member (CEM) of the Karbi Anglong Autonomous Council (KAAC), Tuliram Ronghang, visited Langlokso, the interior part of Karbi Anglong, to campaign for the Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) Howraghat (ST) LAC and Diphu (ST) LAC candidates Dorsing Ronghang and Bidyasing Engleng.
3. Meghalaya NGO threatens to set up check gate at Umling to monitor influx
The Federation of Khasi Jaintia and Garo People (FKJGP), North Khasi Hills District Unit, on Tuesday, threatened to set up a check gate at Umling in Meghalaya’s Ri Bhoi district “as the State Government cannot curb infiltration.”
4. Meghalaya State Food Commission review meeting held in Tura
The meeting aimed to review the status and progress of the activities of the commission, including the functioning of the Grievances Redressal Mechanism and Vigilance Committee in the respective districts.
5. Assam: Akhil alleges torture in NIA custody, claims he was offered bail if he joined RSS or BJP
Jailed anti-CAA activist and Raijor Dal president Akhil Gogoi has written “an open letter to the people of Assam” alleging physical and mental torture in custody while claiming that he was “offered bail by interrogators if he joined either the RSS or BJP.”
6. More district courts coming up, says Manipur CM N Biren Singh
Chief Minister N Biren Singh attended the eighth anniversary of the Manipur High Court and said that the government is committed to strengthening the justice delivery system in the state.
7. Meghalaya: Asha conference held in Nongstoin
Around 80 Ashas under Nongstoin Block attended the one-day programme organised by the Block Programme Management Unit under the National Health Mission (NHM) was held in Nongstoin on Tuesday.
8. Nagaland: Lamhainamdi shooting victims laid to rest; police force intensified
The trio was shot dead by unknown miscreants while they were working in their plots.
9. Assam: AAI signs pact with HKM for free meals at cancer hospital
AAI & HKM signed a memorandum of agreement for providing free meals to patients and their attendants on the hospital campus.
10. Meghalaya: Two-day Annual Assam Rifles Commanders’ Conference begins
The conference aims to highlight the contributions of the para-military force in the Northeastern region since its inception and is part of a series of events commemorating the 186th Raising Day of Assam Rifles.