Morning News Nuggets
1. Assam polls 2021: Straight contest between BJP and Congress in Doomdooma constituency
A straight contest between Congress and Bharatiya Janata Party is going to take place in Doomdooma Legislative Assembly constituency in the ensuing Assam elections.
2. Meghalaya: Rongjeng NGOs to hold bike rally over non-tribal participation in GHADC
After holding a protest rally a few days ago in the village of Rongjeng in East Garo Hills (EGH), another rally (bike) will be undertaken on March 15 led by the NGOs, as a show of protest against non-tribals taking part in the upcoming elections to the Garo Hills Autonomous District Council (GHADC) to be held on April 12.
3. Assam Polls 2021: AGP nominates 13 candidates in third list
Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) has released its third list of candidates for 13 Assam Assembly constituencies.
4. Terrorism and insurgency has declined in Assam after BJP’s continuous effort, says Rajnath Singh
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Sunday said that terrorism and insurgency have declined in Assam after the continuous process of the government’s intervention.
5. Assam Polls: Opp Congress releases booklet; lists 'charges' against BJP govt
Ahead of the Assam Assembly polls, the opposition Congress pulled up the incumbent BJP-led government on several issues, primarily the alleged failure to protect the jati-mati-bheti (community-land-base) and imposition of the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) on the people of the state.
6. Amit Shah promises flood-free Assam if BJP is voted into power
Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Sunday said if their government (BJP) came into power in Assam they will solve the flood problem within five years.
7. Meghalaya: NGEA questions Chief Minister Conrad Sangma over varying versions of GHADC
The Non-Gazetted Employees’ Association (NGEA) of the Garo Hills Autonomous District Council (GHADC) has come down heavily on the apparent statement changes of the Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma regarding revenue collection and expenditure while also questioning statements made in the current budget session on the GHADC.
8. Arunachal Pradesh: BJP state executive meeting 'Kisan Morcha' held at Aalo
The state executive meeting of Bharatiya Janta Party 'Kisan Morcha' was held at Aalo, West Siang District from March 11 to 13 with the adoption of farm and national security resolution while laying emphasis on reaching out to the farmers of Arunachal Pradesh.