Morning News Nuggets
1. Meghalaya Cabinet clears amendment to Meghalaya Lokayukta Act
The Meghalaya Cabinet, on Friday, approved the proposed amendment to the Meghalaya Lokayukta Act, 2014 to confer a discretion on the government to constitute either a single member or a multi-member Lokayukta.
2. TNT POLL CARD | Will grand regional alliance be 'game-changer' in upcoming Tripura ADC polls?
The Tripura Tribal Areas Autonomous District Council (TTAADC) will go to polls on April 4, as announced by the State Election Department.
3. Meghalaya: Throw out CM & Power Min to solve current crisis, says Mukul
Meghalaya's Leader of Opposition (LO) Dr Mukul Sangma on Friday said that the only solution to the power crisis in the State is to “throw out” the Chief Minister and the Power Minister.
4. Manipur: ATSUM unanimously passes four-point resolution demand
The All Tribal Students’ Union Manipur (ATSUM), on Friday, unanimously passed four resolutions during a meeting held at Ukhrul district.
5. AJP announces first list; party president Lurinjyoti to contest from Duliajan
Newly-floated regional party, Assam Jatiya Parishad (AJP) on Friday evening announced its first list of 18 candidates for the first phase of the Assam Assembly elections.
6. Meghalaya: 23-year-old drowns at Umtrew river
A 23-year-old girl was found dead after she drowned at Umtrew river in Byrnihat, Ri Bhoi District of Meghalaya.
7. TIPRA party organises mass rally in Tripura's Sepahijala district
The Indigenous Progressive Regional Alliance (TIPRA), organised a mass rally at Bishramgang of Sepahijala district, Tripura, on Friday.
8. Meghalaya: SSA 4th teachers’ meet education minister over pending demands
The All Meghalaya 4th Teachers’ Association under Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) on March 4, met Education minister Lakhmen Rymbui, seeking the fulfilment of their long pending demands.
9. BJP announces first list of 70 candidates for Assam polls
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday evening announced the first list of 70 candidates for the Assam Assembly elections.
10. This man from Meghalaya can eat 10 kgs of hot chillies at a time
Meet Ram Pyrtuh, an "extraordinary man" from East Jaintia Hills of Meghalaya, who can eat hot chillies more than 10 kgs at a time.