Morning News Nuggets
1. Military coup in Myanmar forces 20 people to cross over to Mizoram
At least 20 people including security elements have moved to Mizoram because of the current military coup in Myanmar.
2. Meghalaya: GHADC polls postponed due to Phase III of Assam elections
The Meghalaya Cabinet, on Thursday, cleared the proposal to postpone the upcoming election to the Garo Hills Autonomous District Council (GHADC), scheduled to be held on April 9, because of the last phase of the Assam elections (Lower Assam), scheduled to be held on April 6.
3. Tripura ADC polls: TIPRA-IPFT-INPT seat-sharing arrangement still undecided
With the elections to the Tripura Tribal Areas Autonomous District Council (TTAADC) just around the corner, The Indigenous Progressive Regional Alliance (TIPRA) is still undecided about the seat-sharing arrangement with Indigenous People's Front of Tripura (IPFT) and Indigenous Nationalist Party of Twipra (INPT).
4. Assam's red rice makes way to American markets
The first consignment of ‘red rice’, locally referred to as 'Bao dhaan', and cultivated primarily in the Brahmaputra valley of Assam, was shipped to the USA on Thursday.
5. B'wood actors Varun Dhawan, Kriti Sanon in Arunachal to shoot for upcoming movie 'Bhediya'
Bollywood actors Varun Dhawan and Kriti Sanon, Director Amar Kaushik and the entire team, are currently in Arunachal Pradesh to shoot for their upcoming horror-comedy movie - 'Bhediya'.
6. Assam: Four leaders from tea community join AJP
Four leaders from the tea community joined the Assam Jatiya Parishad (AJP) on Thursday, a development that has taken place at a time when the incumbent BJP claimed that all voters in the tea constituencies are in favour of the saffron party.