Morning News Nuggets
1. Union Minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurates Eri Silk Khadi Cluster in Arunachal Pradesh
"The scheme will provide the necessary technology upgrade to improve the productivity and income of the artisans involved in Eri Silk Khadi cluster", the MSME Ministry said in a press release.
2. Over 1000 militants of five outfits lay down arms in Assam
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal welcomed the members of militant groups back to the mainstream and congratulated them for deciding to give up arms while reposing faith in the Constitution of the country.
3. Fliers coming from high risk states to undergo COVID-19 test at Manipur airport
Dr Rajesh Kumar, in his capacity as the Chairman, State Executive Committee of the State Disaster Management Authority, has ordered to strictly follow its earlier orders.
4. Names of Meghalaya Women Commission’s chairperson, members still undecided
The tenure of the previous chairperson, Theilin Phanbuh, had ended in October last year.
5. Nagaland, World Bank sign $68 m pact to strengthen quality education
The USD 68 million loan from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), has final maturity of 14.5 years, including a grace period of five years.
6. Tiger Woods injured in California car crash
Tiger Woods was seriously injured when his SUV rolled over and ended up on its side in suburban Los Angeles, California.