Morning News Nuggets
1. Arunachal Women's Commission conducts awareness programme on women rights
Addressing the gathering, APSCW Chairperson Radhilu Chai Techi called for an amendment of customary laws and, said that gender equality needs to be maintained at the village level.
2. Assam: Karbi Anglong celebrates 47th Karbi Youth Festival
Organised by Karbi Cultural Society (KCS), the five-day mega cultural event started with flag hoisting by President of KCS, Chandra Sing Kro, followed with KCS anthem sung by KCS cultural troupe.
3. Union Minister Ramdas Athawale on two-day visit to Manipur
Ramdas Athawale condemned the attack on the media house on February 13 in Imphal, Manipur.
4. Meghalaya: Fire breaks out at vegetable godown in Iewduh market
Officials informed that the incident happened around 7 pm and cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained.
5. Schools in Mizoram will reopen for students of class 9 and 11 from Feb 22
Standard Operating Procedure (SoP) prepared by the School Education Department will be strictly followed, the order said.
6. Nagaland assembly forms seven-member committee to draft resolution on Naga problem
The committee including members from both the ruling and opposition benches was formed following a marathon discussion on Naga political issue as a matter of urgent public importance on the third day of the ongoing budget session of the house.
7. About 1,500 girl students to receive 200 ml of milk every day: Sikkim CM
The chief minister said the State Government is planning to extend it on a larger scale.
8. Tripura government seek people’s suggestion for the upcoming budget
The Tripura state government has come up with a unique idea where the government will seek people’s proposal for the upcoming budget of the state.
9. Rail Roko: Railways deploys 20 additional RPSF companies, focus on Punjab, Haryana, UP
The Samyukta Kisan Morcha (SKM), an umbrella body of farmer unions which is spearheading the protest, last week had announced the rail blockade to press for its demand to repeal the legislations.
10. Facebook blocks Australians from accessing news on the platform
Facebook announced on Thursday that it has blocked Australians from viewing and sharing news on the platform because of proposed laws in the country to make digital giants pay for journalism.