Morning News Nuggets
1. Arunachal government and Outlook Group to jointly promote sustainable tourism
Union Tourism Ministry Director-General Meenakshi Sharma, Arunachal Deputy Chief Minister Chowna Mein, and other state officials also attended the event.
2. Assam govt gives land ownership to 471 small tea growers ahead of polls
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal distributed land pattas to 471 small tea growers of Dibrugarh district.
3. Financial education to be part of school textbooks in Manipur
RBI Imphal has collaborated with the state government to introduce financial education workbooks as part of the school curriculum.
4. Meghalaya: Conrad Sangma-led delegation meets several ministers in Delhi
The Meghalaya Chief Minister has sought the Ministry’s support to organise the proposed ‘North East Youth Festival 2022’ in Shillong, to commemorate the 50th year of Meghalaya’s Statehood.
5. Vanlazawma to be Mizo National Front candidate for Serchhip seat
The ruling Mizo National Front (MNF) on Monday announced that party treasurer Vanlazawma will be its candidate for the Serchhip Assembly seat
6. NPF's Political Affairs Mission meets chief of NSCN-K breakaway faction Niki Sumi
Imkong L.Imchen reiterated that PAM's main agenda is to have an inclusive dialogue and a "one accord one solution" that is honourable and acceptable to all groups.
7. Uttarakhand disaster: 26 bodies recovered, 171 missing; experts study cause
Officials at the State Emergency Operation Centre reported the recovery of more bodies and feared the death toll would rise, a day after a portion of the Nanda Devi glacier possibly burst through its banks in Chamoli district.
8. Tesla buys $1.5B in Bitcoin, will accept as payment soon
Bitcoin rose to USD 43,863 and briefly hit a new all-time high. Shares of Tesla moved higher as well.