Morning News Nuggets
1. Meghalaya: JAC urges Power Minister for work allotment to local contractors and suppliers
The Joint Action Committee (JAC) of MeECL suppliers and contractors, on Wednesday, urged Power Minister James P.K. Sangma to give preference to locals regarding the execution of work for various projects and schemes in the state
2. MEE evaluates National Parks & Wildlife Sanctuaries across India
They base the evaluation of National Parks and Wildlife Sanctuaries in India on the global MEE framework and include six elements- Context, Planning, Input, Process, Output and Outcomes
3. People excluded from Assam NRC can vote: CEC
Chief Election Commissioner said that those whose names were excluded from the National Register of Citizens in Assam would remain in the voters’ list and would be eligible to vote in the upcoming Assembly elections
4. Mizoram: Champai district publishes electoral roll
The District Election Officer Pi Maria C.T. Zuali handed over one copy each of the electoral rolls representative of the political parties, during the meeting.
5. Start-Up Manipur Outreach Program launched in Churachandpur
The unique program is a collaborative effort taken by the state government and other stakeholders to encourage the start-up ecosystem in order to facilitate economic growth in the state.
6. Sikkim receives second batch of COVID-19 vaccines
The vaccines will be stored at the cold chain storage section of Sir Thutob Namgyal Memorial (STNM) Hospital in Gangtok.
7. Govt offers to amend farm laws; Farmer leaders insist on repeal
The government proposed that the laws would remain suspended till the committee gives its report. It also urged farmer unions to suspend their agitation till that time.
8. Three contractors detained with Rs 15 lakh in Tripura
Tripura Police detained three contractors from Agartala on Wednesday for allegedly smuggling money to militants and recovered Rs 15 lakh wrapped in newspaper
9. CPI(M) MLAs take to streets in protest against one-party rule in Tripura
Manik Sarkar and other CPI(M) MLAs met the Governor on January 18 and apprised him of the attacks on political party leaders and supporters.
10. Kamala Harris’ Vogue cover sparks controversy on social media
With blazers and sneakers, Kamala Harris brought in a new style of power dressing, but it became a heated debate and sparked controversy on social media