Morning News Nuggets
1. Meghalaya: 'Floating new party won't affect Congress' says Dr Mukul Sangma
Congress Legislature Party (CLP) leader, Dr Mukul Sangma, today said that the Congress will remain stable even if there is an idea to float a new party ahead of the 2023 Assembly elections.
2. Meghalaya: 47-year-old woman found dead in Nongstoin
West Khasi Hills Police on January 11, received information from Nongstoin police booth, that one person identified as Klotilda Kharsyiemlieh (47) of Mawrok Rambrai village was brought dead at Civil Hospital Nongstoin.
3. Nagaland: Rally by ex-servicemen in Kohima evokes good response
An ex-servicemen rally was organised for the veterans of the Naga Regiment hailing from Nagaland and Manipur on January 11 in Kohima.
4. Meghalaya: Employees Association deny invitation by GHADC secretary for talks
The Garo Hills Autonomous District Council (GHADC), Non-Gazetted Employees Association (NGEA) have denied being invited by the secretary of the Council for talks on finances.
5. Manipur: Illegal smuggling through Indo-Myanmar border on the rise
Manipur has been witnessing an increase in smuggling activities originating out of Myanmar over the past one week.
6. Meghalaya: North Garo Hills police bust motorcycle theft gang, four arrested
North Garo Hills district police busted a motorcycle theft gang while recovering 12 stolen motorcycles on January 11.
7. Nagaland: Dimapur Civil Societies Co-ordination Committee highlights ‘crucial role’ of church during COVID-19
The Ao Baptist Churches and Civil Societies Co-ordination Committee of Dimapur in a press release highlighted the efforts taken by the management of the church during the COVID-19 pandemic.
8. Meghalaya: AICC secretary in-charge denies demand by MLAs for new MPCC president
All India Congress Committee (AICC) secretary in-charge Meghalaya, Manish Chatrath today denied that there is a demand by the Congress MLAs to have a new president of the Meghalaya Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC).