Midday News Nuggets
1. Arunachal: Awareness campaign on implementation of Adi Kebang Ayon reaches Indo-China border
“The people of Tuting Sub-Division have responded and participated in mass numbers, uplifting the confidence of the Bogum Bokang Kébang that AKA has been accepted widely and shall be implemented in all the Adi inhabited districts of Arunachal Pradesh,” said Okom Yosung.
2. JACRU reminds PM of 5-year-old promise to revive defunct Assam mills
“As many as 83 workers killed, four of them by suicide, because of non-payment of salary since the past 50 months… before he reaches Assam, he should realise that workers are being killed,” Manobendra Chakraborty said.
3. Meghalaya: TUR demands CBI inquiry into "financial mess" in MeECL
In a press release issued on Thursday, TUR accused the Power Minister of “presiding over Meghalaya’s biggest instance of financial irregularity.”
4. Mizoram Health Minister urges Centre to speed up COVID-19 vaccine supply
10,179 health and 492 frontline workers have received the second dose of the vaccine.
5. Nagaland CS directs State Govt to clear pending bills to media houses
The Chief Secretary called for the modernisation of the bill payment system and urged them to make electronic payments.
6. TNT PROFILES | Facts you should about RTI activist Akhil Gogoi
TNT-The Northeast Today brings to you a few facts you should know about activist Akhil Gogoi.