Midday News Nuggets
1. PM reaches Pune to review vaccine work at Serum Institute
Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Serum Institute of (SII) is aimed at reviewing the progress of the vaccine candidate for coronavirus infection and, to know about its launch, production and distribution mechanism.
2. Manipur police arrest one UNLF cadre in Imphal east
Imphal East police arrested one Haorungbam Ranjit Meetei alias Lumba, 45-year-old, from Imphal East district. He is said to be an active cadre of the proscribed group - United National Liberation Front (UNLF).
3. Meghalaya | NPP vs Congress: Marcuise questions Mukul's 'understanding of politics'
The National People’s Party (NPP) has lashed out at the Congress for attacking the Meghalaya Democratic Alliance (MDA) government over several issues.
4. Meghalaya Governor felicitates NCC cadets at Raj Bhavan
To recognise the efforts of the NCC Cadets, who have been at the forefront of the fight against COVID-19, Meghalaya Governor, Satya Pal Malik felicitated selected cadets and Associate NCC Officers.
5. Demand raised for law against pre-marriage religious conversions in Tripura
Activists of the Hindu Jagaran Manch blocked a national highway in Tripura Gomati district demanding a law to stop those using marriage to force someone to change religion.
6. Nagaland PWD Minister expresses displeasure over re-location of Medical Lodge by Meghalaya Govt
The Nagaland (PWD) Housing Department has expressed displeasure over the alleged proposal for swapping of land by the Meghalaya government’s Urban Affairs Department after eight years of the lease agreement, meant for Nagaland Medical Lodge (under construction) opposite NEIGRIHMS in Shillong.
7. Farm laws protest | Govt ready for talks with farmers: Narendra Singh Tomar
Amid massive protests by farmers for the third consecutive day, the government said it is ready for talks with them anytime and urged them to call off their agitation.
8. Assam to get sixth national park; minister unveils map
Assam is gearing up to have its sixth national park. The map of the proposed “Raimona National Park” was unveiled by forest minister Parimal Suklabaidya at Mathanguri in Manas National Park.
9. MP loses 26 tigers in 2020; govt says birth rate more than deaths
Madhya Pradesh, which is known as the ''tiger state'' of India, has lost 26 striped animals so far this year, as per the National Tiger Conservation Authority.
10. Australia win toss, opt to bat against India in second ODI
Australia won the toss and opted to bat in the second and penultimate One-day International against India here on Sunday.