Midday News Nuggets
1. Flight passengers from four states need to produce negative COVID-19 report: Bengal govt
According to a notification issued by the health department, passengers should undergo RT-PCR tests within 72 hours of the flight departure.
2. Union Home Minister Amit Shah arrives in poll-bound Assam
Union Home Minister Amit Shah arrived in poll-bound Assam to attend two socio-religious events and address public gatherings in Nagaon and Karbi Anglong districts.
3. Road accident causes heavy traffic jam in Shillong
Police are also hopeful to clear the roads at the earliest before the arrival of Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla in Shillong on Thursday.
4. Manipur journalist barred from covering budget session; Assembly clarifies
On February 20, Grace Jajo had posted a link to the news website ‘The Frontier Manipur’ with the headline "The Frontier Manipur offers explanation on breach of privilege and contempt of House."
5. Sikkim BJP president meets MoS Home; seeks addressal of pending demands
Chauhan urged the Home Ministry to come up with an early solution to the Limboo-Tamang seat reservation issue, which has been pending for 18 years.
6. Australia passes law to make Google, Facebook pay for news
In return for the changes, Facebook agreed to lift a ban on Australians accessing and sharing news.
7. Tripura: No compromise for ‘Tipraland’, says Pradyot
Leaders of both TIPRA and IPFT have appealed to the indigenous people of the state of Tripura to unite for ‘Greater Tipraland’.
8. Sound From The Hills: Narrating Mizo folk tales through music
The song was sung by a group called “Sound From The Hills” from Mizoram, and it dictates how the ‘White man’ (and the plains' dwellers) came into their humble abode among the clouds and helped the Mizo folks adopt a more "modern" concept on society as a whole.