Midday News Nuggets
1. Assam police' crackdown against drugs continues; four peddlers held in Dibrugarh
Assam police on Tuesday arrested four drug peddlers from different locations of Dibrugarh and seized 85 grams of brown sugar from their possession.
2. COVID situation in Assam under control; don't spread false rumours: Himanta
Assam Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said that the rumours spread over the past three days of another lockdown being on the cards have only triggered panic among people, which might affect the economic situation as well as the academic environment.
3. Sikkim BJP president meets MoS Home; seeks addressal of pending demands
Chauhan urged the Home Ministry to come up with an early solution to the Limboo-Tamang seat reservation issue, which has been pending for 18 years.
4. BJP-IPFT alliance on "shaky" grounds in Tripura
The meeting between BJP and IPFT leaders scheduled to be held at the Deputy Chief Minister's official residence in the capital city on Tuesday evening stands postponed.
5. SC rejects plea for extra chance in UPSC exam to those having exhausted last attempt amid pandemic
It had said that the candidates who gave their last attempt examination in October 2020 would get one more chance this year provided they are not age barred.
6. Motera Test: India venture into unknown, England seek answers for ''pink ball turner''
The refurbished Sardar Patel Stadium looks colossal under lights but the first Test match in many years would mean that even the home team wouldn't expect a lot of advantage.