Midday News Nuggets
1. Arunachal Pradesh minister inaugurates public-funded road in Changlang
The road was named after Pema Kunga, a major sponsor for the road project.
2. Assam CM inaugurates centre for perishable cargo at LGBI Airport
A consignment of vegetables (for export) weighing about 600 kg was also flagged off by CM Sonowal on the occasion.
3. Manipur: Kalapahar villagers stage protest to demand justice for abductee
According to reports, unknown miscreants abducted Rizalon from his house at 7:00 pm on February 16.
4. Meghalaya Minister James Sangma spreads awareness of World Pangolin Day
Meghalaya Environment and Forest Minister James Sangma, on Saturday, took to his official Twitter handle on the occasion of the 10th World Pangolin Day.
5. Meghalaya: Renowned sociologist A.K. Nongkynrih passes away
Professor A.K. Nongkynrih from the Department of Sociology, NEHU, passed away on February 20.
6. Assam Rifles seizes tortoises, reptiles, in Mizoram
Assam Rifles and Customs Department seized 29 leopard tortoises, 38 red-footed tortoises, 17 yellow, orange, green iguana, three bearded dragon, three albino iguana, exotic seeds and fertiliser.
7. Nagaland State Budget 2021 is "Contract-Oriented": TR Zeliang
Zeliang pointed out that as per the Budget 2021-22, maximum profit will go to people at the helm of affairs, which is the People's Democratic Alliance (PDA) Government.
8. Sikkim: Protest to demand infrastructure up-gradation gets four students expelled
Commenting on the arrest, Sikkim Progressive Youth Forum (SPYF) has expressed shock over the move and termed it ‘disgracing’.
9. Tripura: IPFT ties up with Pradyot Manikya's TIPRA ahead of ADC polls
Confirming the development, TIPRA sources told TNT-The Northeast Today that a meeting will be held on Friday at 6.30 pm between TIPRA chairman and royal scion, Pradyot Manikya Deb Barman and IPFT chief NC Debbarma at Ujjayanta Palace, in Agartala.
10. PM Modi greets people of Arunachal, Mizoram on statehood days
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday greeted the people of Arunachal Pradesh and Mizoram on their statehood days and heaped praise on their culture and traditions.